It’s twenty days before Christmas! While it’s customary for parents think about buying toys, gadgets and clothes for their young ones, I have found a wonderful gift idea for Christian kids that you and your little one might like: the NIrV Beginner’s Bible Devotional Pack. This pack includes two books: the complete New International Reader’s Version Holy Bible and 365-day devotional.
New International Reader’s Version Holy Bible – Product Features
- easy-to-read print
- 20 pages with full-page illustrations
- the NIrV is based on the New International Version of the bible – used the words of the NIV but when NIV were too long, shorter words were used
- published by Zondervan
- publisher recommendation: recommended for ages 6 to 10
The Beginner’s Bible Kid-Sized Devotions – Product Features
- daily readings per page
- each page contains a bible verse, a short paragraph, a one sentence summary (blockquote), and an illustration with label.
- published by Zonderkidz, a trademark of Zondervan
- illustrations by Kelly Pulley
- publisher recommendation: recommended for ages 4 to 8
You may buy this NIrV Beginner’s Bible Devotional Pack at Amazon by clicking this link: NIrV Beginner’s Bible Devotional Pack or you may visit Georyl’s Amazon Store to see this product as well as the other products I’ve previously reviewed on this site.
In My Own Opinion
This is a wonderful gift idea for young Christians, from first grade to fifth grade. My daughter brings bible to our church’s Sunday school and she will definitely be delighted to bring this one instead. I am not familiar with the NIrV version but as I scan through it, I can see that the verses are translated to words that young kids will find more understandable. I just wished that the paper used for bible pages were a bit thicker considering that kids are the primary target readers of this version of the bible but it is not really an issue considering that they managed to keep the weight and thickness of this bible manageable despite the large fonts used. As for the 365-day devotional, I think that kids will like them because the readings are just short and are accompanied by colorful illustrations.
I was not required to give a positive review of the product regardless of the fact that I received it free for review purposes. Rest assured that I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.