You may wish you could completely renovate your home, but you do not have the budget for that. Some inexpensive things you can do will make a big difference. Start with your carpet. If it has not been professionally cleaned in more than a year, consider Green Choice Carpet of Brooklyn to do the job. With companies like Green Choice Carpet, your carpet will look like new and last for years without polluting your indoor air with toxic chemicals used by traditional carpet cleaners. Clean carpets make a big difference in the appearance of your home.
Inexpensive Home Upgrades
The kitchen is the most important room in the house for potential buyers. If you can’t afford a complete upgrade, you can do a few things to make it better.
• Refinish or repaint the cabinets and add new handles. In some cases, the cabinet doors can be completely removed and the exposed shelves repainted. The cabinets will look like new without the expense of replacing them.
• Change the countertops. Depending on the square foot measurement of your countertops, you may be able to change them to granite or an attractive composite for about $1,000.
• Install new windows. RSG Roofing explains that natural light is one of the best ways to make a room look brand new with doing much.
• Put tiles on the floor. This not only adds value to your home, it makes a clean and attractive floor no matter how long you plan to live there.
Bathrooms are the second most important room that needs to look attractive and be convenient. You can install a new vanity yourself, repaint the room, caulk the shower or tub and buy new towels. If you have a little more to spend, a new floor would be great. One of the cheapest and best ideas is to remove the existing floor to the cement and have a new coat of polished cement added. It is easy to keep clean, is environmentally friendly and looks good.
Improve the Curb Appeal
• Replace your scrubby lawn with sod and remember to water
• Make your front yard attractive with flowers, shrubs, planters, benches or chairs. Brighten up the walkway with a border and add lights
Just because you don’t have a big budget for upgrading you home is no reason to do nothing. With a small budget and a little ingenuity, you can greatly improve its appearance.