When someone you know moves into their first apartment or buys a new house, it’s tradition to buy them a housewarming gift. Read on for great gift ideas that every new homeowner (or renter) will love.
- Frame an inspirational quote or message for them to hang on their wall.
- Put together a simple toolbox with all the basics: hammer, extension cord, level, nails, screwdriver, and measuring tape.
- If your friend loves to cook, get them a personalized cutting board. You can also get a cutting board that folds if their kitchen is low on space.
- Pick up a sturdy wine opener (and a bottle of wine to go with it).
- Browse for a fun cookbook to help them break in their new kitchen. Add a couple of gourmet ingredients, like specialty olive oil or flavored salt, too.
- Go the practical route and get them a fire extinguisher.
- If your friends are moving in around the holidays, pick them up a personalized ornament.
- Gift baskets always go over well. Fill it with whatever the individual or couple loves – coffee, spaghetti and sauce, hot chocolate, chips and dip, etc.
- Splurge a bit on a waterproof MP3 player speaker that they can use in the shower.
- Put together a soup-in-a-jar kit so they have a ready-to-go meal for their first week in their new home.
Read to purchase a housewarming gift for your pal who just moved into a new place. Shop online for big savings.