When I heard the Thermo Future Long Range Wireless BBQ Meat Thermometer, I knew I had to try it. For one, its slogan says “Cooked in Perfection” – a very promising prospect for a non-skilled cook like me.
Features of the Thermo Future Meat Thermometer
- pre-programmed cooking temperature for different meats and tastes
- taste settings: rare to well-done
- meat selections: beef, lamb, veal, hamburger, pork, turkey/chicken, fish
- displays preset and actual cooking temperature
- alarms when target temperature is reached
- stainless steel probe with 1m heat resistant wire
- Celsius and Fahrenheit switchable
- wireless transmission up to 20 meters or 65 feet
- temperature range: 32 to 482degrees F (or 0 to 250 Celsius)
- count up or countdown timer
- uses 4 AAA batteries – 2 for the monitor and 2 for the transmitter
If you are used to the regular meat thermometer, you might say that this thermometer looks a bit complicated at first. It has a transmitter, stainless steel probe with wire, and a monitor (that looks like a toy phone (if you have kids, put this somewhere where kids can’t reach it or they might play with it… but I digress). However, it comes with a detailed manual that clearly explains how to use the product. Once you familiarized yourself with the manual, you will find that it is so easy to use this product. You don’t need to memorize the guess or memorize the exact temperature when your meat is done because it is pre-programmed into the thermometer and all you have to do is just choose the type of meat and the taste settings that you want (rare to well-done).
This product needs four AAA batteries, something that I am not keen on using. I prefer rechargeable lithium ion batteries over those but that is just my personal preference and it does not, in any way, affect the usability of this product. I still do not know how long the batteries will last. Speaking of batteries, those are not included with the purchase so better have 4 AAA batteries on hand when you order this product so that you can use it right away.
Bottomline: Don’t be fooled by the complicated look, this Thermo Future Long Range Wireless BBQ Meat Thermometer is easy to use. It is a great tool to have in the kitchen.
The product mentioned above was sent to me by the advertiser for free. While I received this product free, my recommendations and opinions are based on my own fair and unbiased review of the product and my primary concern will always be my readers.