The Loving Kitchen: Downright Delicious Southern Recipes to Share with Family, Friends, and Neighbors is a recipe book written by food blogger, Leann Rice. Aside from the recipes, this book also includes some notes and tips on cooking.
The recipes are organized as follows:
- breakfast and brunch – from the oven, griddle, and skillet
- breads – sweet and savory
- starters and salads
- soups and sandwiches
- entrees – beef and pork, chicken, seafood, casseroles, pasta, and vegetarian
- vegetables and side dishes
- desserts – cakes, cupcakes, cheesecake, pies, tarts, cobblers, crisps, parfaits, puddings, bars and cookies
I would say that this book would really come in handy in the kitchen – especially with menu planning. The instructions are clear, straightforward, and easy to follow. Even though I received a digital edition of this book, it is well formatted. I wish that there’s a picture for each recipe so that, for those unfamiliar recipes, I will have an idea of what the cooked meal would look like.
Disclosure: I received a digital edition of this book free from Booklook Bloggers in exchange for an honest review.