Ceelin Plus is a yellow-colored, apple-flavored nutritional supplement that contains 100 mg of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and 10mg elemental Zinc per 5mL syrup. It is available in 60 mL, 120mL and 250mL bottles.
Why Take Ceelin Plus?
According to the manufacturers for this product, Ceelin Plus can be used for preventing and treating deficiencies of Vitamin C and Zinc. The patient information leaflet mentions the following functions of these minerals (you can consult with your pediatrician for verification):
Functions of Vitamin C
- the body’s major water-soluble antioxidant that protects the body from free radicals in the blood, plasma and other intracellular and extracellular fluids
- a cofactor of enzymes involved in the formation of collagen
- stimulates the activity of antibodies and immune cells which inhibit foreign antigens
Functions of Zinc
- cofactor of enzymes involved in cell division and growth
- helps regulate the activity of cells involved in immune function
- functions as an antioxidant by being a cofactor of the enzyme which is involved in the removal of harmful free radicals
Ceelin Plus is a good nutritional supplement for young children because their immune system may not yet be fully developed. Supplementing their vitamin C and Zinc intake may boost their body’s natural immune system; these minerals are also beneficial for other important processes during the period of rapid growth.