The other day, I was craving for puto cheese. Since we had the ingredients at home, I decided to bake some and the picture above are my products:
Here’s the puto cheese recipe that I used. It’s actually a variation of the home-made recipe featured in another blog.
Home-Made Puto Cheese Recipe
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup white sugar (divide sugar, 1/2 cup for dry ingredients, 1/2 cup for egg whites)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 8 egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Cream of tartar
- cheese (sliced, for toppings)
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites and beat thoroughly.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup of sugar into the mixture and continue beating until it becomes thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Mix and blend well all dry ingredients.
- Combine all liquid ingredients then add them to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour in (cut and fold) beaten egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into muffin cups with puto cheese paper and top with cheese.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
Cravings satisfied. Next, I’ll try to learn how to make sushi. If you know how to make it, care to share your recipe?