Can I Ask For a Favor?

My younger sister, Medie, will be taking the 2010 Philippine Bar Examinations this Sunday and in the next three Sundays of September. Could you please offer a short prayer for guidance, mental stamina, presence of mind, concentration and good health for her so that she’ll pass the Bar exams?

We both believe in the adage of “doing our best and letting God do the rest.” I personally know how dedicated she is in her studies – completing her pre-law course in just three years and fully concentrating in law school and her review classes for the Bar examinations. I just thought that maybe, the more people praying for her, the better.

Thanks a lot!

PS. I intended to include Medie’s picture in this post but when I checked her Facebook and Friendster accounts, she didn’t post any picture that shows her full profile. LOL. My sister is more private than I am.

First Commenter:
~ Silvergirl ~

Comments

1. says

Sure sis Gee, I am joining in praying to God that He may guide her through out her exams. May God bless her and grant her all that she asked for. Good luck to your sissy dear sis.

2. says

I’m a lawyer and took the Bar exams 10 years ago — the Millennium Bar exams of 2000. Our passing rate then was only 18%. I understand how you feel, having a sister who is taking the Bar starting today — the first Sunday of the 4 Sundays of September.
    I’ll include your sister in my prayers, this Sunday until the 26th.

• says

Thanks a lot Eli. I have read in your blog that aside from being a lawyer, we’re also from the same region. I’m originally from Panay. :)

3. says

Hi Gee, nice to know that we can speak the same language, the same roots. What province in Panay that you came from, since Panay has 4 provinces?

Here’s my prayer for your sis Medie:

Almighty Father, we claim Your Providence for the Bar examinees, especially Medie. We trust that You will give wisdom to those who ask the same. By Your Holy Spirit, may they remember what they have learned and comprehend questions. May they be physically, emotionally, financially and spiritually prepared to enable them to focus on the …exams. May they totally depend on You and submit to Your will.In the Mighty Name of Jesus, Amen!

4. says

I’m sure that with a loving family to support her, and with God’s grace, she’ll achieve all her dreams.
    I will say a prayer for her, Gee.
    Please tell Medie, good luck !

5. says

It is pleasant to see people asking for prayers. This way you’ll know there are still people relying on God and depending on Him so much. I just hope more and more people will depend on God – after all He is the only one capable of making all things possible.

I’ll say a prayer now for her. God bless.

6. says

Oh goodluck to your sister! What law school did she attend? Graduating law is such an accomplishment already. She will be in my thoughts as she takes the bar exams :)

7. row_b says

Remember , Oh most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, oh virgin of virgins, my mother. To thee I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh mother of the word incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
    Oh Lord, I pray through the most blessed virgin, Your Mother, that You give courage to Medie to overcome any fear or anxieties that may arise. Wisdom to know which is right and wrong, and most of all faith, that she can do everything through you.
    Oh Almighty Father, please help my sister pass the bar examination. Amen.