This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Aladdin. All opinions are 100% mine.
Just a quick trivia here folks. Do you know that…
- it takes seven million barrels of oil to produce the disposable bottles Americans use in a year?
- 50 billion disposable water bottles are consumed just in the United States alone – that’s 137,000 annually or 1,585 per second!
- making drip coffee at home (about $165/year) is cheaper that buying drip coffee at your local cafe (about $636/year)
- the number of paper coffee cups that will be thrown out in 2010 is estimated at 23 billion
- if you buy rather than pack a lunch five days a week, you will spend about $2,350 a year.
What a statistics, right? Just imagine all those waste and their effects, not only in our pockets but in the environment too. That’s one of the reasons why Aladdin has come up with the “Do The Reuse Challenge – a 30-day commitment to give up disposable paper cups, water bottles, or food containers. We are all are invited to participate in the challenge for, as they say, “the more, the merrier”.
Instead of disposable water bottles and paper coffee cups, why not have reusable water bottles and your favorite mug be your constant companion in the next 30 days? As an added incentive, you’ll be able to get discounts and free shipping on selected Aladdin products through their website. You don’t only save the planet but save your pocket as well. Pretty neat, huh?
Our family can probably complete this “Do The Reuse Challenge”. First, we don’t use disposable water bottles. Hubby even bought a reusable plastic bottle which brings to the office everyday. He usually eats lunch at home too but when he has to eat in the office, I pack his lunch using reusable containers.
Are you also ready to take Aladdin’s Do The Reuse Challenge? Visit the site now via the link below. Don’t forget to like Aladdin on Facebook too.