Almost every blogger loves having people comment on their blog. For them, it means that
- there’s someone reading your blog, and
- you’ve written an interesting thought-provoking piece.
I am grateful to all my friends and blog visitors who leave a note or two in my articles but not for spammers. These unwanted visitors write comments just to have a backlink to their site. Or because they are paid to do it. Or just because. And it can be annoying.
I hope they would wisen up a little and at least take time to read the post before submitting their comments. There are times when I feel like they post them without even bothering to read the post. Take for example these following comments (in post links not shown):
- “That is known that cash makes us independent. But what to do when somebody does not have cash? The only one way is to get the credit loans and just short term loan.” – posted in my About Georyl.Com page
- “This post is very useful.” – posted in Thanks Badet which is not an informative post but something I wrote to say thank you to a fellow blogger.
Other spammers would even resort to flattery just to have their comments published. Like these:
- “Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher! “- posted in No Microwave Heating For Baby Bottles. I almost posted this one if not for the spammy looking email address and site.
- “I’ve recently started a blog, the information you provide on this site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.” – posted in Received Another Payment from Triond by blogger whose blog title shows that his blog is definitely about sex.
Some spammers even forget that they copy and paste exactly the same comments:
- “A very interesting read. I want to quote your post in my blog. It can? And you et an account on Twitter?” – posted in three articles. One of those is my link and badges page. Quite interesting huh?
- “My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!” – posted by two different names with different I.P. addresses using spammy sounding email addresses to one of my earliest posts. Are they that interested on my blog to go back and post a comment to a post written three months ago?
The most out of this world comment so far is this one. I can’t believe how creative they can be. I’m deleting a letter but I’m sure you know the word:
“HELP! I’m currently being held prisoner by the Russian mafia p*nis enlargement and being forced to post spam comments on blogs! If you don’t approve this they will kill me. p*nis enlargement. They’re coming back now. Please send help!” – Oh, really? LOL! Do you think he’s dead by now?
Spammers, I’m not strict with comments. I just won’t like to give you the pleasure of having your links show up in my blog without you bothering to read the post. Wisen up a little and at least just read the article and post something related to it so that your comments will be published.