Are you ready for the big day?
If you’re nearing your due date, it would be wise to prepare your stuff in advance. Packing your things while timing your contractions is difficult so you might as well prepare ahead of time.
Let me share with you the checklist that I used for the things I had to bring to the hospital during the big day:
- a change of clothes to wear in the hospital
- toiletries (make-up too if you want)
- barrettes or clips to tie your hair with
- magazines, books
- sanitary pads
- breast pads
- socks or warm slippers
- clothes to wear when leaving the hospital
For the baby:
- mittens, caps and socks
- clothes to wear in the hospital
- clothes to wear when the baby leaves the hospital
- receiving blanket
- car seat
In the hospital where I gave birth, we were asked to provide a feeding bottle because the baby was bottle-fed during the first night.
This is just a guide. Be sure to check with your doctor or hospital other things that you need to bring.